The Commonwealth Ave Pump Station supplies 85% of the water to the City of Newton daily, and is equipped to provide the remaining 15% in the event of an emergency.

WES was contracted to provide a new connection to the station from two low service pipelines in Commonwealth Avenue and to add low service pumps so the City of Newton will continue to be supplied in the event of a City Tunnel failure.